We cordially request the pleasure of your company for a very special cultural event presented in cooperation with 19 Ibero-American embassies including the embassies of Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Portugal, Dominican Republic, Spain, Uruguay, Panama and Venezuela.
The event is presented at the Mexican Cultural Institute of the Embassy of Mexico, one of Washington's most magnificent and grand diplomatic venues. As you enjoy the evening, taste delectable local delicacies of the Iberoamerican countries being presented along with wine and handcrafted cocktails. The evening also includes live musical performances and artwork on display. This multicultural fiesta is a great opportunity to meet representatives from up to 19 countries presenting the event along with internationally minded professionals attending the event.
Attend on your own or with friends for an evening of music, art, food & wine at this very special cultural festival presented with the participation of 19 embassies. The entertainment, food, drinks and other event details are subject to change as we continue to refine the event.
• Gazpacho (Spanish cold tomato soup)
• Ham and Cod Croquettes
• Cortadillo de Cidra "Inés Rosales" (Citrus Crumble Cake). )
• Cuban Style Roasted Pork and sauteed w/ mojo and onions
• Cassava w/ Cuban mojo
• Guava and Cheese
• Chipa Guazu: Traditional "chipa" (bread) prepared with fresh corn grains, sautéed onions, eggs, milk, and cheese.
• Pastel Mandi'o: Also known as Yuca Empanada. A dough made of pureed yuca, eggs, and corn flour filled with seasoned ground beef and vegetables and a spoonful of shredded hard boiled eggs.
• Dulce de Mamon: Delightful dessert made of mamon (papaya) fruits, sugar, and ground clove.
Brazil (For VIP Guests Only)
• Hearts of palm mini pies
• Shrimp rissoles
• Potato and dried beef croquettes
Also Enjoy... (Please note that we may add, change, or remove components of the program)
• Indulge in "Uchuvas," a Colombia dessert made with cape gooseberry, chocolate and Porto from Portugal.
• The Embassy of Peru will offer the Peruvian signature drink Pisco Sour.
• The Embassy of Portugal will offer Porto to accompany dessert later in the evening.
• Guests will also enjoy wine from Argentina, Chile and Uruguay.
• Two business class round trip to Peru will be offered in a raffle.
• The Embassy of El Salvador will also offer a signature drink “Cuco Beach” a mix with sugarcane liquor “Chaparro
Flor de Fuego”, and two favorite Salvadoran fruits, jocote and nance syrup.
• The Embassies of Argentina and Uruguay will present a delightful tango performance to commemorate the centennial of La Cumparsita.
• The Embassy of Paraguay will present Requinto´s Prodigy Josecito Alvarenga.
• Enjoy a live musical presentation by the group "Sound Impact" courtesy of the Embassy of Costa Rica. The group will perform music from Costa Rica and other countries in Latin America. Sound Impact was recently awarded a grant by The Foundation for the Advancement of String Education and the Virginia Commission for the Arts.
And VIP Guests will also enjoy (VIP reception is from 6:30 PM to 7:00 PM for guests who reserve VIP Tickets):
• The Embassy of Guatemala will offer Daiquiri made with Zacapa rum for VIP guests.
• The Embassy of Mexico will offer Mexican wine for VIP guests.
• VIP program will include Brazilian hors d’oeuvres served at the beginning.
Please reserve your tickets now, as the event is expected to sell out in advance. All attendees must be 21 and over.
Festivities for the evening start at 6:30 PM for VIP Guests and 7:30 PM for General Admission guests. We recommend that you arrive on time. The event is organized as a festival to celebrate Ibero American culture. As such there are many facets to the evening and the evening is planned so that you can mingle and walk inside the Mexican Cultural Center to enjoy your evening. Kindly note that the event is not organized as a sit-down event or dinner function but rather as a stand up cocktail reception with authentic food tastings.